Technician, Geotechnical & Structural Engineer Jobs in Colorado
RMG Engineers is always seeking high quality Geotechnical & Structural Engineers, Technicians and CAD operators for full-time employment. All our positions enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in working within a professional, creative and supportive atmosphere, resumes can be emailed to our contact address or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. RMG Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer serving Colorado since 1986. Specific job openings can be reviewed below.
Geotechnical Engineer (Northern Colorado)
Open position for a Geotechnical Engineer to be the Construction Materials Testing Service Line Director in our Evans area regional office. This position serves as the Director of Construction Materials Testing (CMT) for the regional office located in the Evans area. Management of this operation will require a diverse range of defined skills in the areas of CMT services, local industry experience, communication, staff management, operational organization, client service and business development. Click here to view this job or Submit resumes here
Soils Technician Level II (Denver, Colorado)
Seeking a construction materials testing technician with 2-5 years’ experience or related experience with demonstrated competence in work assignments. Position requires ability to lift and carry heavy materials. Some over-night travel might be required. Candidate must have appropriate I-9 employment documentation, a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and be able to pass background check and drug screen. Includes highly competitive compensation package. Submit resumes here
Soil Technician (Northern Colorado)
An immediate opening for an entry-level construction materials testing technician in our North Colorado office located in Greeley. Candidates with experience in testing and inspection of earthwork, concrete, reinforcing steel and asphalt pavement preferred, but will consider training the right candidate. Nuclear Density and American Concrete Institute (ACI) Level I certification desired. Position requires ability to lift and carry heavy materials. Candidate must have appropriate I-9 employment documentation, a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and be able to pass background check and drug screen. Includes highly competitive compensation package. We will keep resumes confidential. Submit resumes here
Soil Technician (Southern Colorado)
An immediate opening for an entry-level construction materials testing technician in our Southern Colorado office located in Colorado Springs. Candidates with experience in testing and inspection of earthwork, concrete, reinforcing steel and asphalt pavement preferred. Nuclear Density and American Concrete Institute (ACI) Level I certification desired. Position requires ability to lift and carry heavy materials. Candidate must have appropriate I-9 employment documentation, a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and be able to pass background check and drug screen. Includes highly competitive compensation package. We will keep resumes confidential. Submit resumes here
Entry Level Structural Engineer (Southern Colorado)
We are currently searching for an Entry Level Structural Engineer our Colorado Springs area office to support the firm’s continued growth. Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering (or related field) required, Masters Degree is a plus
- 0 – 2 years of prior related work experience; experience in fieldwork is desirable
- Experience with desktop and industry-specific software (e.g., MSOffice, AutoCAD, gInt and MSProject) is desired
- Must have sound written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish effective internal and external working relationships
- Ability to communicate clearly with supervisor or project manager regarding work assignments required
- Valid drivers license and insurable driving record
Please send your resume, along with a tailored cover letter to: email@example.com, with ‘Entry Level Structural Engineer’ in the subject line.
Architectural Intern (Colorado Springs area)
We are looking for an energetic, conscientious and detail oriented individual who enjoys making a difference, being part of a team and takes pride in their career to work in our fast paced office. For over 30 years RMG – Rocky Mountain Group has been building strong client relationships. Our focus is on solving problems through creative solutions and practical design.
We are currently searching for an intermediate level Architectural Intern in our Colorado Springs area office to support the firm’s continued growth.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Architectural degree from an accredited program
- 3-5+ years of relevant architectural experience in cultural, institutional, mixed use, and multi-family work
- Excellent design and graphic skills, with the ability to work on complex projects from the pre-design through construction documents phases
- Self-motivated with proven time management abilities to achieve deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in the context of multidisciplinary project teams
- In-depth experience with Revit is essential.
- Working knowledge of AutoCad, Sketchup, Adobe Suite, and/or other design related software is considered a plus
- Knowledge of building design and construction means, methods, and techniques
- Ability to manage and complete multiple tasks
- Ability to read redlines and modify BIM models or drawings accordingly
- Licensure desired, though not required
Architectural Interns at RMG need both strong design and technical skills and are expected to be able to communicate effectively with project teams and consultants. They must:
- Work with the Project Architect to assist in design efforts on projects of a variety of sizes
- Demonstrate a high degree of creative thinking with the ability to effectively communicate design ideas both verbally and graphically
- Implement work of Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, and Construction Administration phases of complex project typologies
- Document new construction, as well as complex renovations and additions
- Prepare complex building construction drawings and details
- Understand and coordinate project specifications
- Conduct materials and building systems research
- Coordinate with teams including structural, MEP, civil; as well as specialty consultants such as landscape architects.
- Help develop presentations using physical and digital tools
- Researches materials and assemblies for appropriate incorporation into design specifications and construction drawings as directed by a supervisor.
- Creates Revit models, AutoCAD drawings, design and construction drawings with information provided by the supervisor or data obtained from research.
- Integrates information from consultants and suppliers into models and drawings.
- Constructs architectural models and prepares presentation boards for use by other staff in presenting to a client for approval.
- Visit site under direct supervision and assist with the documentation of findings.
- Processes contractor submittals by logging in the submittals and routing them to the appropriate party for review.
- Prepare RFI responses, submittal reviews, ASIs and Change Orders
- May attend, record, and distribute meeting minutes and assist with general project correspondence
- Write or prepares graphic materials for presentations or documents
At RMG – Rocky Mountain Group you will perform within an innovative culture that’s focused on transformational change. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business.
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including, medical, dental, life, PTO, Simple IRA with company match, and a casual dress atmosphere.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Only local candidates will be considered.
Please send your resume, along with a tailored cover letter, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with ‘Architect-Intern’ in the subject line.